J. Alberto Salinas
Alberto Salinas has dedicated his practice of law to the areas of immigration, probate, and real estate law. He has previously worked at the Law Office of Adan G. Vega & Associates, P.L.L.C. as an immigration law clerk and as an attorney. He has also been active in offering pro bono services to indigents in Texas.
Prior to law school, Mr. Salinas worked as a mortgage loan officer assisting people who wanted to buy houses or other real estate. Whether serving first-time home buyers or sophisticated buyers locking for a second home or investment property, Mr. Salinas helped guide clients through the mortgage loan process helping them to feel comfortable and confident as they made decisions about their financial options. He developed business relationships with realtors, builders, bankers and housing organizations.
Mr. Salinas has worked extensively in the area of immigration and nationality law. He has successfully represented clients before the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), as well as through filings with U.S. Consulates. Mr. Salinas has helped many companies and individuals handle an array of immigration cases with a variety of issues including nonimmigrant visas (H-1B, E-2, L-1, TN), employment-based and family-based immigrant petitions, permanent residence (green card) applications, naturalization, adjustment of status, deferred action, USCIS RFEs, removal/deportation, immigration appeals and numerous other filings. Mr. Salinas is fluent in Spanish and will strive to serve his clients with creativity, sensitivity and diligence, three qualities that are essential when dealing with immigration law issues.
Areas of Practice
- Immigration and Nationality Law
- Real Estate Law
- Wills and Probate
- Personal Injury
- Texas, 2007
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas
- University of Texas Pan-American, Edinburg, Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Mexican American Bar Association of Houston
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Neighboring Centers, Inc. (NCI) Citizenship and Immigration Forums, 2010 - 2011
- National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (Naleo) Citizenship and Immigration Forums, 2008 - 2012
- OCA - Greater Houston, 2012